
Tyler and I took Lillianna to the zoo for the very first time on Memorial Day. We had a great time, and I believe Miss Priss did too! One of the most remarkable things about having a child is being able to see life through their eyes as they see it. From that perspective, we become like children again ourselves and are able to experience things all over for the first time. She has given me such an appreciation for bewilderment, amusement, amazement, excitement and just plain contentment like no one else has ever given me. The innocence she has takes my breath away. Wait a minute...I thought I was supposed to be teaching her...Yeah right! I learn from her every day to simply appreciate the day the Lord has so graciously given us and to be joyful in it.
So a trip to the zoo used to be fun, but now it is indescribably FUN!! The giraffes are a little taller, the elephants are a little bigger, and the tigers are a little more mean now through Lillianna's eyes. And the ducks, well they are still quacking ducks, but wouldn't you know it, they were her favorite! Oh, the joy a child brings! What a gift!

Blowing a kiss bye-bye to the giraffes.

Look Daddy!




Ok, I must admit that the carousel ride was my absolute favorite part of the day! The look on her face as she was going around and around....pure amazement! It was another one of those moments....
She loved petting the goats!
Look...A bear!

Totally tuckered out!!
2 comments:
So happy to find your blog! She is adorable and getting so big... now I can keep up wtih you guys! :)
The pictures are beautiful! Just wait as she gets older, how much fun Holiday's become again!!! It's a whole new, WONDERFUL world!
Post a Comment