I had one of those precious "mama moments" yesterday while doing Lillianna's hair. And yes I said doing...not brushing, not combing, not trying to slip a bow in (which by the way never works)...but doing!! I actually got to put pigtails in my baby girl's hair for the very first time! I realized in that moment of trying to get that tiny rubber band around her thin little pigtail that I haven't had any practice at this, and actually that I wasn't any good at doing someone else's hair at all. I've never had to. But now I'm a mama. I receive the privilege of doing my little girl's hair. It hit me of how I have dreamed of this moment basically all of my life. Nearly every girl thinks about how it will be to do their little girl's hair one day. Well, yesterday was my first hair doing day of many, many more to come...What a sweet moment!
That pigtail moment is what inspired me to go ahead and start this blog. Time has never flown by as fast as now since Lillianna has come into our life. Little things happen every day that get lost in time if I am not able to write it down on the calendar or journal about it. I don't want to forget these precious moments the Lord gives us, so hopefully this blog will give me a place to remember and reflect on our lives. And we are able to share little pieces of us with all of you.
Believe me, I'm not the best writer in the world to any extent. And honestly, I don't really enjoy it. It is not something that comes easy to me. It is actually humorous to me that God would link me and blogging together since first, I don't care to write, and second, I'm more of a reserved and private person. Funny, huh? I'm definitely out of my comfort zone, but true to Him that is where He continues to call me...even in the tiny stuff like this. So please bear with me as I stumble through this blogging process. It's gonna be fun!



4 comments:
Oh, how she has grown!! Sweet thing! Looking forward to reading!
precious! so glad i will be able to watch lillianna grow through your blog!
So glad you've entered the blogger world. It was a big step for me as well...and hopefully I'll get better with time. Lillianna is so adorable. What a wonderful moment it must have been to do her hair, so precious.
I'm so proud of my better half! My daughter looks just like me when I used to wear pigtails...hehe
Post a Comment