
Uncle Lavonne, Mama, Aunt Betty, and Uncle James

With Spouses.....Aren't they cute?? Y'all who know my Daddy well are probably laughing at what he is wearing. I tried to tell him that flowers and more flowers don't really go together, but he doesn't listen to me! :) We were at the lake, so he had his tropical theme going on!
So the next week was Lillianna's first Vacation Bible School which she thoroughly enjoyed. I was blessed to be able to teach three fifth grade classes about missions all week long. I really had a blast! It was so neat to see the kids' eyes light up when they would learn about missions all around our world, and also how they could be missionaries right now right where they are. It was a really fun week.
Then came Father's Day, and I believe Tyler had a great one. (I'll have to fill you in on more details later.) Tyler is really the best Daddy to Lillianna in the whole entire world. He loves her with every ounce of his body, and he lavishes it on her everyday. She is definitely Daddy's little girl and rightly so. He is so good to play with her, take her outside with him anytime he goes, be VERY silly with her, bathe her, change her, dress her, feed her...Let's just say that he is a huge help to me! He just loves being a daddy!

Father's Day 2007


Father's Day 2008
(Ok...on to the next thing before I start getting really, really sad about how much she has changed in just one year! Oh, does it fly by!!)
And then me and a few of my favorite girls packed up and headed for Atlanta to go to the Deeper Still conference with Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore. I had never heard Kay nor Priscilla speak before in person, so I really enjoyed them...especially Priscilla. We had a great weekend, and the cherry on top for me was that I got to see a good, good friend that I met while going to school in Auburn. (You know who you are E!!)
The next week started out with a big treat!! One of Tyler's good friends from college, Nick, who is a pilot in the Air National Guard in Baltimore, MD came to see us. He actually flies an A-10 Warthog and has already been to Iraq. He was passing through our area and was able to overnight with us. He gave us an official tour of his jet. It was VERY cool! Tyler was in heaven! Thank you Nick! Please come back to see us anytime!







So sorry Nick....Tyler told me to do it!!! :)
Well, I just decided to break "Playing Catch Up" into two parts since all of the above happened in June, and I still have July and August to go! I know, I know...I'm way behind!!


3 comments:
Good job on the catch-up. I checked your blog occasionally, just knowing you'd eventually catch up!
I laughed out loud when I saw your daddy's flower outfit, and then laughed more when you mentioned it!
The conference sounded wonderful - I did a small group Bible Study that Priscilla wrote, "Lord speak to Me." it's really good. And I've watched videos of her, but I'm sure it was nothing like hearing her in person!
you have been busy this summer! so good to catch up with you.
I wonder if Bugs Bunny is his wing man????
Post a Comment